.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

StoneHome

Sunday, December 17, 2006

More dirt moving


And now we moved to the front and right of the house, where we lack space due to the acute slope. Also I plan on extending the building to the right of it, so I had to get some space there. You will see here how the bulldozer digs into the slope close to the road and then works it vertical for this extension.
All the material coming from this was pushed down the slope in orther to gain flatter space there.
























































We tried to get as near to the walls as possible to improve the drainage and keep waters away from the foundations. At this particular point, the bedrock in which the foundations of the house lay were exposed, giving an oportunity to push fresh mortar into the stones. We were worried about the road holding on, so we had to speed this process and try to build the retaining wall that came next as soon as we could.

1 Comments:

  • Jen and Eduardo! I have finally found you!

    Shawn and I miss you back in Cincinnati. Imagine our shock when we walked into the Chop Shop to see Eduardo's paintings everywhere and learn Ed was in town for a short time. I have *almost* forgiven him for not showing up on our doorstep for dinner.

    The house looks incredible. I am very jealous. Not of all the hard work its taking you of course but of the view, the house, the location, the fresh air, the December weather (though no snow here yet - I love you global warming), your energy to get it done and especially the burro. What a cute fuzzy face! I demand you get chickens as well - I have always wanted some fancy chickens with incredible plumage roaming about.

    Please contact us if you are craving anything from cincinnati that we can shove in a box and send to you - skyline chili in a can perhaps? You can share it with your friends and laugh as they declare it vile.

    Kisses,
    Brooke
    visceral.vox at gmail.com

    and Shawn
    sschray at cinci.rr.com (at least I think that's right... I'm a sad wife).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home